d h

Twilight, Travel, and Treats

Reflections of a Twihard on all things twilight, travel, and treats.

Hi again all. Hopefully you all had a good week and managed to get some laundry done instead of reading fanfic all week. Sometimes the kids don't eat anything but cereal all day.


For the fanfic newbie and those who love the original vampire Edward and human Bella from the Saga:

Try Prelude by belladonnacullen. It is the story of what happened between Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Mostly sweet but also steamy too. The follow up after it is The Last Night written by the same author and this one is just for the lemons and is about our beloved couple's last night before the wedding.

Here is a classic All Human:

banner from twilighted.net


Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by hunterhunting

CW&IA; as it is known is a very long and angst filled story. Edward is a brilliant tattoo artist (hence Tattward as he is affectionately known in the twilight world) and Bella is a mysterious wounded girl with a haunting secret. I stress that this fic is very emotionally draining so be warned.

from truebloodtwilight.blogspot.com

I like this story a lot because Tattward loves cupcakes. I mean possibly more than RPattz. So, as twilightcupcake, how could I not love this??

from http://twitpic.com/woyl5


For those who've been reading for a while and looking for something new:

There is a fic that caught my eye this week. It's called the Misapprehension of Bella Swan.
I'm posting about it because it's also by hunterhunting and because it revolves around HOCKEY. I'm Canadian, my husband has seasons tickets to the Canucks, and he and my eldest play hockey. It's part of our culture and I was super excited to see a hockey related fic.
It begins

Chapter 1: WTF Makes Violence Hot?
All hockey players are whores.
Whoa, that sounds interesting. The hottie has already been nicknamed Hockeyward. Doesn't quite roll off the tongue now does it? That's okay. Speaking of tongues, anyone want to lick this?

Hockeyward found at twitpic.com/11a3k0

As a wife of a weekend rec hockey player and a mother of hockey boys the answer is an emphatic NO. That shit stinks! Sorry Edward but same rules apply as they do for Mr. TC even after 11pm ice time. Getting home at 1:30am reeking of putrid hockey gear will get you nowhere near the goods.

All right ladies. That should give you some reading for the week. I kid you not that CW&IA; could take you all week and you'll be drained by the end of it. Here's a bit of angsty Edward to keep you company on the couch and in bed.

3 comments:

dangrdafne said...

I love that banner for CW&IA; from Twilighted.net

17foreverlisa said...

I just can't get into stories with angst. I don't mind dark themes, but I don't want to be depressed, so even though I want to be a part of the ff cult of CW&IA; and Wide Awake, I just haven't been able to bring myself to read them. I am going to read MoTU, though, because of you and Dangrdafne, but to be honest, I'm a one-shot, quickie, give me lemons now, kind of girl ;)

twilightcupcake said...

Yes, Lisa, I agree with the angst part. I had to include CW&IA; because of the cupcake crossover. I just couldn't resist because, you know, that's my name :)
But I much prefer MotU and I hope you like it. It has a bit of angst but a lot more fun and the whole billionaire thing doesn't hurt either. That will be my next FFF post. Do you have any favourite one shots?
@Dangrdafne I envy the talent of these women who make up these banners.